At Affordable Burials and Cremations, it’s our privilege to serve people from all faiths, cultural backgrounds, and walks of life. It does not matter what your needs or budget are, because we are going to help you craft a tribute that is memorable and personal. They say the best things in life are free, and that’s true in an end-of-life celebration as well. It’s the level of personalization and thought you put into your loved one’s farewell that is really going to make all the difference.
So once you’ve determined your budget, stick to it! We’ll help you. Here are some ideas for personalizing a burial service that don’t cost a thing.
- Write a poem to be read during the service.
- Ask a friend to play special music – maybe even an original composition if you’re musically inclined.
- Choose a dress code and ask your guests to participate – some ideas include wearing your loved one’s favourite colour or the jersey for their favourite sports team.
- Play your loved one’s favourite music, whether that was Handel or Elvis Presley.
- Carry a theme throughout the visitation and service that reflects your friend or family member’s life and interests. Maybe feature fishing paraphernalia or surround the space with cooking utensils and recipes.
- Design a memory table showcasing specific items that represent your loved one’s life, hobbies, and passions.
Think about the most memorable end-of-life service you’ve ever been to. What made it so special? Share in the comments below.