Whether you want to make arrangements for your own or a loved one’s cremation in advance, or whether you urgently need to arrange for a cremation, there are important things to take into account.. When searching for cremation services Toronto, you will need to consider the wishes of the person who is to be cremated, your own wishes as executor and/or representative of the larger group of family members and mourners, and budgetary concerns, among other criteria. It can seem like an overwhelming task, but a trusted and knowledgeable source of advice does exist: Affordable Burials and Cremations. We are your local Toronto cremation provider, and our experienced and caring staff can help you navigate this difficult time as comfortably as possible.
Finding the Right Cremation and Burial Services Providers
While it is possible to pay for a funeral and cremation in advance, taking the guesswork out of final arrangements, we often do not have the foresight or ability to do so. More often than not, a death has just occurred, and there is heartache and shock as well as many details to take care of. Consulting with a professionally licensed funeral director can be very helpful in terms of giving you all the procedural information and details you need to make easier choices about honouring your loved one. In fact, this is the first step in arranging a cremation in the GTA: deciding on which funeral company will help you.
There are dozens of funeral homes in the Toronto area, all of whom can help you obtain the death certificate and other paperwork, and guide you through the funeral process. It may be difficult to decide on a funeral home. Here are some things to consider:
–Location: most people opt for a local funeral home, or one that is easily accessed by public transit or highways so mourners can easily pay their respects.
–Recommendations: some people ask friends, relatives, or medical/health professionals for a recommendation of a good Toronto funeral home.
–Budget: the price of cremation and a service in the GTA can vary widely, so you will want to get some quotes. If you need an affordable cremation or burial, Affordable Burials and Cremations can meet your needs at about half the cost of what a traditional funeral home would charge. We do this by offering a variety of packages tailored to your specific needs and situation. These simple services take the guesswork and complication out of making funeral decisions.
Arranging a Cremation: Steps to Take
When you have selected a funeral provider that can facilitate your loved one’s cremation, here are some things to consider before finalizing the arrangements:
- Will you want to witness the cremation, or not?
- Will you want to have a service with an officiant? If so, do you have information about the deceased prepared that will help the officiant deliver a relevant, meaningful service?
- Do you want to bury the remains in an urn, or will you take the remains home?
- Will you hold a memorial service and ash-scattering or keep the remains in your home?
- If you plan to scatter the ashes, where will you do so? In Toronto, you are permitted to scatter remains on any unoccupied Crown lands without a permit, but in a public place, a permit may be necessary (or permission from the owner, in the case of privately owned lands)
- Will you opt for a casket or an alternative container?
- Will you need to purchase an urn or do you already have a suitable container?
Answering these questions will help you better prepare for a cremation in Toronto.
Leave a Reply